Message from the Management
Sri A B Patil
Sri M B Sajjanar
Greetings to all
Sri Jagajyothi Basaveshwara Sahakara Sangha (N) came into existence in 1959, as an outcome of the deliberations of a group of motivated, selfless visionaries who felt the need to establish an educational institution in Rajajinagar area of Bangalore. These founding members were people who had migrated to Bangalore from Mumbai, Karnataka, Hydrabad- Karnataka region during the reorganisation of states.
The sangha which started a primary school in 1959-60 now runs 17 educational institutions from kindergarten to graduate colleges, with the noble motive of educating and empowering children mainly from economically underprivileged background. It has its own spacious buildings in Rajajinagar, Vijayanagar and Mahalakshmipuram areas and provides employment to over 350 employees and educates more than 5000 students each year.
The management of the college started a degree college in 1982 with only the commerce faculty. Later in 1983 the Arts faculty , in 1991 the Science faculty and in 2009 the Management faculty have been added. Started with only 84 students, the degree college now caters to the needs of more than 600 students. The college has been functioning from its own spacious building since 1998. It was extended in 2004 and a renovated, modern, spacious library and auditorium marked the Silver Jubilee celebration of the college in 2010. With the celebration of Golden Jubilee of the establishment of the Sangha, the management is proceeding in its march of growth by laying the foundation for a new building, comprising of a large auditorium with state-of- art facilities and additional class rooms at its campus in Rajajinagar.
Keeping its focus on providing quality education at moderate cost, ensuring that the principles of equity and inclusiveness are not violated, the management will strive towards growth and innovation.
We warmly welcome the students to our institution.